Chair, Governmental Affairs
The role of the Chamber’s Governmental Affairs Committee is to relate to and ask for support from local, state, and federal governments on issues that affect the growth and prosperity of our community.
These priorities are selected by participating in a vast number of committees and task forces and are mostly projects that will directly benefit other entities.
As the Legislative season begins, the Governmental Affairs Committee and Chamber staff organize three major activities:
- The Legislative Agenda Briefing—a time to share the priorities with local, state, and federal legislators.
- The Drive-In to Frankfort—a time to meet with key state officials regarding the top one or two priorities.
- The Fly-In to Washington DC—a time to meet with key federal officials regarding the top three priorities.
In addition, the Governmental Affairs Committee works closely with local officials to ensure that local priorities advance.
Where We Stand
- 2012 Legislative Report Card
- 2011 Legislative Report Card
- 2011 Approved Housing Incentive Ordinance
- 2011 Legislative Agenda
- 2010 Legislative Report Card
- 2009 Legislative Report Card
- 2009 Local Legislative Policy Positions
- 2009 State Legislative Policy Positions
- 2009 Federal Legislative Policy Positions
Visit the U.S. Chamber's Vote for Business website for the latest federal issues affecting business.
|Committee Member Name||Company Name|
|Betsy Shelton||Heritage Bank|
|Mr Darrell Gustafson||BB&T|
|Ms Holly Hampton||Holly Hampton - Coldwell Banker/MetroNet Realtors|
|Lori Harper||Rogers Group, Inc|
|Peg Hays||Herb Hays Furniture|
|Don Henderson||Henderson Realty Investors|
|Mick Henderson||Commonwealth Agri-Energy, LLC|
|Carter Hendricks||Christian County Chamber of Commerce|
|Jerod Kaufman||Robinson Construction Company|
|Eric Lee||Jennie Stuart Medical Center|
|Melissa Luttrull||Jennie Stuart Medical Center|
|Mr Rich Maddux||Propulsys, Inc|
|Ms Elizabeth McCoy||Planters Bank|
|Kensley McLellan||Christian County Chamber of Commerce|
|Mr Adam Murphy||Lake Barkley Insurance|
|Mr Wade Northington||Breathitt Veterinary Center MSU|
|Mr John Peck||Heritage Bank|
|Wynn Radford||Higgins Insurance, Inc|
|Mr. Mitch Robinson||South Western Kentucky Economic Development Council|
|Ms Cindy Sholar||Trigg County Chamber of Commerce|
|DeeAnna Yates||Christian County Chamber of Commerce|